Personal Injury Claim
Personal Injury Claim: The Process and Tips
While many people have heard of personal injury law, not many may be familiar with the personal injury claims process or with how to make a personal injury claim.
Personal injury claims allow you to receive compensation when you suffer personal injury due to the wrongful actions of others.
Understanding the claims process is essential to getting proper compensation for your personal injuries. If you have questions or believe your case needs professional attention, call the lawyers at Blackburn and Green for advice on your personal injury case.
What Does the Personal Injury Claims Process Look Like?
When it comes to dealing with insurance and making a claim, everything seems complicated. If you’re in an accident, it’s important to immediately collect statements from witnesses and photos from the scene to confirm your injuries and the events surrounding them. It’s also important to keep track of ongoing information about damages, bills, and lost earnings immediately following the accident.
Contact the proper insurance claim adjuster as you begin the claims process. Of course, this can be difficult to do on your own, depending upon the complexity of the accident. That’s why you can also turn to a professional to help streamline and simplify your personal injury claim.
Personal Injury Claims Advice to Help in Your Case
If you ever find yourself in the middle of the personal injury claims process, you should take a few steps, including:
- Get Proper Medical Attention – Understand the full extent of your injuries before beginning your personal injury claim. This is especially important because medical bills and your diagnosis will help determine compensation amount.
- File and Obtain a Police Report – Obtaining a police report can help solidify details at the scene of the accident. However, you should also document what happened.
- Maintain Accurate Records – Keeping track of all medical bills, property damage, insurance records, and other details will be essential in getting the amount of compensation you need.
- File Your Claim Quickly – You don’t have to file your claim the day after the accident. However, there is a limit in how long you can wait to file a claim, so you should begin the process as soon as possible following the accident.
- Don’t Settle With Insurance Companies – Insurance companies may try to convince you to settle for less than you’re owed. If at any time you feel unsure about what a document means or what you’re agreeing to, don’t sign it.
Handling Your Claim Professionally Has Benefits
While not every small claim necessitates professional guidance, many do. When you’re put in a situation where you aren’t sure how to proceed, or if the insurance company isn’t giving you a fair deal, contact the lawyers at Blackburn and Green.
We’ll use our experience to make your personal injury claims as seamless as possible. It’s our goal to get what you need—and get you back on track.