Indiana Personal Injury Lawyers
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in an accident, you probably have a lot of questions right now: What are my rights? Do I really need an attorney? How do I choose the right Attorney? These are all good questions, and ,we’ll do our best to provide you with the answers.
Blackburn & Green handle all personal injury matters including serious injuries resulting from:
Facts About Personal Injury Law
- Personal injury law, or tort law, involves harm done to a person due to another’s failure to use reasonable care.
- Tort cases are civil cases, so no criminal penalties are involved, and no one goes to jail.
- Though personal injury law focuses on injuries to people, property damage may also be involved.
- The goal of personal injury law is restitution, or for the injured party “to be made whole” in the eyes of the law.
- The most common form of restitution is monetary compensation. This compensation can include not only items that have specific dollar amounts, such as medical bills and lost wages, but also items that do not, like pain and suffering and loss of earnings capacity.
- Most personal injury cases do not go all the way to trial but are resolved by settlement, mediation, or arbitration.
- Every state has a statute of limitation that dictates the amount of time in which a personal injury claim can be made.
You have just one opportunity for recovery. Call Blackburn and Green now for a FREE consultation.