When you are riding your motorcycle, you are vulnerable to the immense impact of any ensuing accidents, and the injuries commonly associated with these dangerous accidents tend to be severe. Speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer about your options.
Motorcycles offer a great means of transportation. When you’re on your bike, you can enjoy the open road, however, you are also far more vulnerable to very serious injuries that are often life-threatening. If another driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a motorcycle accident, discuss your claim with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer today.
Potential Risks of Motorcycle Riding
The fact is that when you are on your motorcycle, you are more susceptible to the dangers of the road. Consider the following:
- When you are driving your motorcycle, you have no physical barrier – other than your helmet – to protect you from the immense impact of a crash.
- When you have a much smaller vehicle, it is far easier for you to get lost in other motorists’ blind spots.
- It can be more difficult for other motorists to see you and to gauge your speed in intersections, which leaves you more at risk in intersections or when cars make turns.
- When you are driving your motorcycle, you are more susceptible to being adversely affected by bad weather and poorly maintained roadways.
There are plenty of factors that leave you at increased risk of being seriously injured on your motorcycle, but every driver is responsible for driving safely in relation to other motorists on the road, including motorcyclists like you.
The impact of being thrown from your motorcycle in the course of a traffic accident is so immense that ensuing injuries tend to be severe.
A broken bone is an especially painful injury that is slow to heal, and that can develop into complicated secondary health concerns. The more complicated the break, the greater the risk that it will require ongoing medical care. When a break heals badly, it can lead to chronic pain and even to a permanent physical disability.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Even if you wear your motorcycle helmet religiously, the risk of suffering a traumatic brain injury (TBI) in an accident is very real. TBIs, because they affect the brain, are dangerously unpredictable. The psychological consequences of a serious TBI can include all of the following:
- Severe and sudden mood swings
- Marked changes in personality
- Increased irritability
- Flashes of rage
- Sleep disturbances
- Increased anxiety
- PTSD-like symptoms
- Depressive episodes
Look to an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for the Legal Counsel You Need
If another motorist’s negligence leaves you injured in a motorcycle accident, the practiced motorcycle accident lawyers at Blackburn & Green understand the serious nature of your situation and are well-versed at helping seriously injured clients like you seek just compensation. We’re on your side, so please contact us online or call us at 1-800-444-1112 to learn more about how we can help you today.